When Skoda Cars Were Jokes19th August 2018
This is a new feature of this website: ‘Spotted’
When I spot an interesting car or motorbike I’m going to whip out my mobile, snap some pics of it then upload them here to Project Yeti. I’ll obscure faces and registration plates and any other thing that could lead to people being identified.
So here’s the first car I’ve ‘Spotted’ to kick of this feature:
The Skoda Estelle 120
There is no forgetting the car jokes is there?
- What goes on the pages of a Skoda user’s manual? – The train & bus schedule
- What do you call a Skoda at the top of a hill? – A miracle
- What do you call a Skoda with twin exhausts? – A wheelbarrow
- What do you call a Skoda with a seat belt? – A rucksack
- How do you double the value of a Skoda? – Fill it with petrol
- What do you call a Skoda with 100,000 miles on the clock? – A lie
- Why does a Skoda have a heated rear window? – To keep your hands warm when you push it
But that was then.
Volkswagen bought Skoda in 2000. Now Skoda is VW Group’s second highest earner.
Only Porsche make more money for VAG than Skoda do
Skoda sells its cars to over 100 countries. And its profits run into the billions. The awards it has won for its various models is seriously impressive.
The Yeti (my car, and the star of this website) has won a mountain of awards
Whenever I spot an interesting machine I get out my mobile and take some photos of it (if possible).
Then I feature it here in ‘Spotted’
And I am always keen to hear about your interesting vehicle.
Would you care to share and help me grow my site?